For the Seekers – Episode 8
featuring Rafa Abushaala
University is an excellent place for self-development as it presents us with a variety of challenging opportunities. In this episode, former FOSIS Scotland Chair – Rafa Abushaala – shares some personal stories of how she pushed her own boundaries and left her comfort zone to further her skills and be a better version of herself. She shares advice and tips on how she does this but also highlights a vital trap that many of us can fall into, which is self-comparison with others.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to develop your weaknesses into strengths
- Advice on the process of self-development
- 5 keys to keep in mind for your own personal growth
- Avoiding the danger of comparing oneself with others
- The truth behind your current progress in life
- How to step out of your own comfort zone
About Rafa Abushaala
Rafa is a junior doctor recently graduated from the University of Glasgow. She served on the executive committee of FOSIS (Federation of Student Islamic Societies) as chair of Scotland. She also served in her ISOC and was previously the school of medicine representative for the Students’ Representative Council. She has an interest in Islamic studies, furthering this as an iSyllabus student. She values and promotes community and youth work and hopes to continue this alongside her medical career.