For the Seekers – Episode 6
featuring Fatemeh Nokhbeh
Many university students spend most of their time complaining about issues such as having no interfaith facilities, or a lack of resources or opportunities, but do not do anything about it.
In this episode of ‘For the Seekers,’ Fatemeh Nokhbeh, ex-sabbatical officer, provides advice on how to tunnel that inner-critic attitude of yours towards being able to create a positive impact that will not only benefit yourself but others around you. She provides tips on how to identify issues and highlights processes that university students can follow to overcome challenges they may face.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to change your critical mindset to one that will drive positive change
- How to identify issues that need addressing on campus (both ‘Muslim’ and non-Muslim issues)
- The right people you must approach in order to make the change, and how to go about it
- Roles in universities that students can apply for to help resolve situations that are currently faced
- The important Islamic principle behind taking leadership and making removing a burden for other people
- Plus lots of bloopers!
About Fatemeh Nokhbeh
Fatemeh is a final year medical student at the University of Glasgow. Previously she served as Vice President Student Support at the Students’ Representative Council in the academic year 2018-2019. In her role, she represented over 28 000 students to ensure that the University put students and their welfare at the heart of all of its policies. Most notably her work included organising and promoting of peer-led workshops on gender based violence and suicide prevention, lobbying for decolonising the curriculum, improving race equality, and working to improve the number and quality of quiet spaces around campus. Her other interests include Inclusive Education, Filmmaking, travelling, languages and Digital Health Innovations. She hopes to pursue a career in Medical Education alongside her medical career.
For the Seekers is a new weekly video series on Deenspiration aimed at students, young professionals and all seekers of spiritual, academic and work-life success. Each video contains valuable tips, advice and self-development techniques by a range of influential Muslims.