Ep 52: Celal Al (Abdurrahman Alp from Diriliş Ertugrul / Kuruluş Osman) Discusses Life, Faith & Acting
Life as an Actor in the Diriliş Ertugrul Drama Series Whilst Being a Strictly Practising Muslim
Today we’re joined by Celal Al – husband, father, and Turkish actor most widely known for his role as the legendary warrior Abdurrahman Alp/Gazi in the globally successful Diriliş Ertugrul and Kuruluş Osman drama series.
We discuss his role as an actor whilst also being a strictly practising Muslim, and his love for his fans in Pakistan.
- 0:00 Intro – Who is Celal Al?
- 3:07 – Salams and welcome to the show
- 4:02 – Remembering Ayberk Pekcan (Artuk Bey)
- 4:55 – Usman showing off!
- 5:40 – Choosing reflection cards
- 6:40 – What drew you to the role?
- 7:50 – Muslims increasing faith because of Islamic dramas
- 9:51 – The role of dramas for Islamic education
- 11:23 – Dramas teaching better Islamic etiquette
- 12:16 – Acting whilst practising Islam
- 13:00 – Kayi merchandise
- 13:12 – Praying Salah on a film set
- 15:42 – What does Celal have in common with Abdurrahman?
- 16:21 – Celal “SLAPS” Usman, Abdurrahman style!
- 17:16 – Favourite scene to film
- 18:15 – Celal loves Pakistan!
- 19:03 – Zaimah Qurbani Campaign
- 20:27 – Reflection Card Game
- 21:41 – Outro
Donate Your Qurbani with Zaimah
Fulfil this mighty Sunnah starting from only £14 per share
Cut the Small Talk & Get Deep with the Reflection Deck by Towards Faith
As you’ll notice on our podcast show, we’ve recently began introducing a deep reflection round at the end of our discussions. We’re doing this using the brilliant Reflection Deck card game by our sponsors, Towards Faith.
Featuring 150 questions split into three categories (fun and light, personal and deep), this is a wonderful tool for meaningful and heartfelt discussions with loved ones. As you’ll see from the examples in our podcast, some of these questions will have you opening up like you never have before, and will prompt you to deeply reflect about yourself, your faith, and Allah SWT.
About Celal Al
Celal Al is a Turkish actor, husband and father, and most widely known for his portrayal of the legendary Kayi Tribe warrior, Abdurrahman Gazi in the Dirilis Ertugrul and Kurulus Osman drama series.
Celal has acted in many Turkish television series and is known for his notable work and tremendous performances.
The actor has been in touch with many most celebrated Pakistani actors including Imran Abbas, Humayun Saeed, and others. They met in Pakistan and were noted for chanting the Pakistani song ‘Dil Dil Pakistan’.
Celal is also public about his strict practise of Islam, often seen reciting Qur’an and even delivering Islamic sermons.
Never Miss an Episode!
Did you enjoy this episode? Click below to subscribe to the show on your smartphone and join our family of 1000’s Muslims around the world who love listening and learning. To support us, please consider leaving a positive 5-star review on Apple Podcast/iTunes. Want to have your own voice featured on our show? Click below to leave a 60-second voice recording and we’ll feature you on an upcoming episode.