Deenspiration | May 25, 2020 | 0
EP 32: Health, Nutrition & Well-being in Ramadan (feat. Dr. Sahira Dar & Adeel Ibrahim)
Learn How to Manage, Focus, Energy, Sleep and Good Health During Ramadan (and Even Promote Weight Loss!)
In this episode, we’re joined by Dr. Sahira Dar and Adeel Ibrahim from the Pure Remedy Hijama and Wellbeing Clinic in Glasgow, Scotland.
Pure Remedy is the first and longest standing Hijama clinic in Scotland, providing a safe and relaxing environment for hijama (wet cupping) treatments and consultations related to nutrition, fitness and wellbeing
Combined, both Dr. Sahira and brother Adeel Ibrahim have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the medical, sports science, well-being and alternative medicine fields (e.g. hijama) which are utilised to provide a range of services to their clients.
During the episode we discuss a range of practical tips for keeping fit, healthy and super-energised during Ramadan in order to survive those long days of fasting without feeling the crash.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Who are Dr. Sahira Dar and Adeel Ibrahim?
- What happens to your body when you’re fasting?
- Why is it important to pay attention to one’s nutrition during Ramadan?
- The best foods to eat for suhoor and iftar
- The type of foods to avoid during Ramadan
- The ideal way to eat in order to lose weight during Ramadan
- The recommended number of calories to consume between iftar and suhoor
- Macro-nutrient timing and scientific studies related to fasting
- The attitude we should have towards food during Ramadan
- The mistake most Muslims make at the time of ftar
- Should we maintain our fitness regimes during Ramadan?
- What are the best times to workout?
- The importance of movement and exercise while fasting
- How the Prophet (pbuh) used to break his fast
- Tips on how to manage sleep during Ramadan
- The REAL priority and mindset we should establish during Ramadan
- The importance of understanding your own body and needs
- Plus a fun rapid fire round at the end of the show!
Never Miss an Episode!
Did you enjoy this episode? Click below to subscribe to the podcast show for free on your smartphone via a range of apps for iOS and Android.
[overlay_content unique-id = '27135']