EP 32: Health, Nutrition & Well-being in Ramadan (feat. Dr. Sahira Dar & Adeel Ibrahim)
Learn How to Manage, Focus, Energy, Sleep and Good Health During Ramadan (and Even Promote Weight Loss!)
In this episode, we’re joined by Dr. Sahira Dar and Adeel Ibrahim from the Pure Remedy Hijama and Wellbeing Clinic in Glasgow, Scotland.
Pure Remedy is the first and longest standing Hijama clinic in Scotland, providing a safe and relaxing environment for hijama (wet cupping) treatments and consultations related to nutrition, fitness and wellbeing
Combined, both Dr. Sahira and brother Adeel Ibrahim have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the medical, sports science, well-being and alternative medicine fields (e.g. hijama) which are utilised to provide a range of services to their clients.
During the episode we discuss a range of practical tips for keeping fit, healthy and super-energised during Ramadan in order to survive those long days of fasting without feeling the crash.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Who are Dr. Sahira Dar and Adeel Ibrahim?
- What happens to your body when you’re fasting?
- Why is it important to pay attention to one’s nutrition during Ramadan?
- The best foods to eat for suhoor and iftar
- The type of foods to avoid during Ramadan
- The ideal way to eat in order to lose weight during Ramadan
- The recommended number of calories to consume between iftar and suhoor
- Macro-nutrient timing and scientific studies related to fasting
- The attitude we should have towards food during Ramadan
- The mistake most Muslims make at the time of ftar
- Should we maintain our fitness regimes during Ramadan?
- What are the best times to workout?
- The importance of movement and exercise while fasting
- How the Prophet (pbuh) used to break his fast
- Tips on how to manage sleep during Ramadan
- The REAL priority and mindset we should establish during Ramadan
- The importance of understanding your own body and needs
- Plus a fun rapid fire round at the end of the show!
PURE REMEDY HIJAMA CLINIC
- Visit the Pure Remedy Website
- Visit the Pure Remedy Facebook Page
- Contact Pure Remedy for a Hijama Appointment (brothers and sisters)
- Read reviews from happy Hijama clients
- Health and Fitness in Ramadan (feat. Amina Khan)
- Exploring the Wonders of Ramadan (feat. Shahbaz Mirza – Ramadan Legacy)
- Preparing for Ramadan (feat. Shaykh Amer Jamil)
- How to Have a Meaningful Ramadan (feat. Shaykh Suleiman Hani)
Adeel Ibrahim (BSc Sports Science)
Adeel is one of the most recommended hijama practitioners in Scotland .
He has been taught and certified by two of the U.K’s leading teachers and was one of the first to offer the Hijama treatment in Scotland. He is also trained in Tibb Unani – a holistic traditional system of medicine – as well as counselling.
As a sports scientist, sports coach and health enthusiast, Adeel is very passionate and knowledgeable in nutrition, the wholefood diet, along with the need for raw unprocessed foods and the health benefits in juicing veg and fruit. From a young age he had a thirst to learn about Prophetic and Traditional Medicine, collecting books, researching and attending lectures and seminars on wellbeing.
Dr. Sahira Dar (MBChB, MRCGP)
Dr Sahira Dar is a health specialist in the broadest possible terms.
She studied medicine at the University of Glasgow but soon after graduating she realised that modern medicine as taught in the West does not necessarily have all of the answers so she began to research alternative therapies, both Eastern and Western, to give her a more holistic approach through a better understanding of the self.
Having completing her hospital training in 2002, she has been working as a General Practitioner in Glasgow for 4 years now so she is in the privileged position of being able to understand what is right and wrong with modern medicine from the inside.
The Pure Remedy Clinic is the culmination of a journey which has seen her gain knowledge and experience in Homeopathy, Acupuncture, Herbalism, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Hijama Therapy.
Never Miss an Episode!
Did you enjoy this episode? Click below to subscribe to the podcast show for free on your smartphone via a range of apps for iOS and Android.
[overlay_content unique-id = '27135']