Deenspiration | May 25, 2020 | 0
Ep 51: How to Transform Your Prayer & Connect with Allah Like Never Before | Iqbal Nasim
Complete Change the Way You Think About Salah & Develop a More Meaningful Relationship with Allah
This week we’re joined by Iqbal Nasim. He’s an educator, writer, speaker, former investment banker and non-profit leader, and a Hafidh of Qur’an. In our opinion, he is one of the most forward-thinking visionaries in the UK Muslim community today, and in this episode you’ll get a flavour for why that is!
Iqbal has a long-standing passion for aiding Muslims lead a more meaningful, purposeful, God-centred life. After a decade as CEO of the National Zakat Foundation, Iqbal’s focus has turned to creating and delivering transformational educational experiences through his courses on salat, the Qur’an, and leadership.
In this episode we discuss his journey briefly, and then dive into the mindset shift we must make if we want to improve the quality of our daily salat, and deepen our relationship with Allah. Get ready to hear some seriously thought-provoking thoughts about salah that you might not have considered before.
We’ll also hear about the ‘Transform My Prayer’ course which Iqbal is teaching LIVE this Ramadan.
Stay tuned until the last portion of the episode to watch Iqbal and Usman play the Reflection Deck card game together. Things get very deep!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Iqbal’s journey towards building the National Zakat Foundation.
- The true purpose of Zakat vs how Muslims treat it today.
- How Iqbal combines Zakat, salah, and leadership as part of a logical journey towards building strong foundations.
- Why the Muslim community will never become great again unless they establish strong foundations.
- Why weak salah = weak foundations.
- The current state of most of our prayers and why this is a major problem (are our prayers just a performance?)
- How people treat their daily salah vs the reality of what it actually is.
- The problem with mindless salah .
- How Allah describes the Believers’ motivations in the Qur’an vs what we think they are.
- Start practising or stop pretending! A scary but eye-opening question you need to ask yourself.
- The number one priority you must address before trying to fix the components inside of your prayer
- Do we believe in Allah because we’re Muslim, or are we Muslim because we believe in Allah?
- What’s comes first, the mindset surrounding prayer or establishing prayer first?
- More info about the Transform My Prayer, Club Revelation and Last Day Leader courses that Iqbal teaches.
- The Prophet’s (s) Companions’ (ra) journey with the salah and how this relates to our own journeys.
- The number one factor that improved Iqbal’s focus and tranquillity in Salah.
- Why having thoughts in your salah is actually a good thing.
- Are we really connecting with the phrases we utter during salah on an emotional level? If not, how do we solve this?
- The beautiful wisdom behind the repetition that occurs during our daily prayers.
- How to test if you’re making progress in your salah.
Join ‘Transform My Prayer’ Ramadan Edition 2022
A step-by-step journey to make your Salat a truly fulfilling experience.
Join at a Discounted Rate and Receive our eBook on How to Focus During Salah As a Free Bonus
As a Deenspiration Podcast viewer, when you join Transform My Prayer using the button below, you’ll receive an exclusive deal:
- The early-bird discounted price, which is no longer available, will still be applicable to you. Woohoo – Alhamdulillah!
- You’ll receive a digital copy of our ’30 Top Tips for Attaining Khushoo’ in Prayer’ eBook completely free as a bonus gift when you sign up
Cut the Small Talk & Get Deep with the Reflection Deck by Towards Faith
As you’ll notice on our podcast show, we’ve recently began introducing a deep reflection round at the end of our discussions. We’re doing this using the brilliant Reflection Deck card game by our sponsors, Towards Faith.
Featuring 150 questions split into three categories (fun and light, personal and deep), this is a wonderful tool for meaningful and heartfelt discussions with loved ones. As you’ll see from the examples in our podcast, some of these questions will have you opening up like you never have before, and will prompt you to deeply reflect about yourself, your faith, and Allah SWT.
About Iqbal Nasim
Iqbal Nasim is an educator, speaker and writer… former investment banker and non-profit leader. He delivers transformational educational experiences to help people lead truly God-centred lives, by achieving connection through prayer, clarity through revelation, and the courage to fulfil one’s leadership potential. In 2019, he developed and started teaching a course, Transform My Prayer, to help people achieve more consistency, focus and tranquillity in their five daily prayers. It’s been taken by nearly 2,000 people from around the world.
Iqbal is the former Chief Executive of the National Zakat Foundation. In 2019, he was awarded an MBE for services to Tackling Poverty and Community Development. He has an MA in Economics and Management from Cambridge University and an MSc in Voluntary Sector Management from Cass Business School. Iqbal has given hundreds of talks and Friday sermons on a variety of subjects relating to Islam. He has memorised the Qur’an and has an official license for the accurate recitation of the Qur’an with an unbroken chain of teachers back to the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.
Connect with Iqbal
Never Miss an Episode!
Did you enjoy this episode? Click below to subscribe to the show on your smartphone and join our family of 1000’s Muslims around the world who love listening and learning. To support us, please consider leaving a positive 5-star review on Apple Podcast/iTunes. Want to have your own voice featured on our show? Click below to leave a 60-second voice recording and we’ll feature you on an upcoming episode.