For the Seekers – Episode 7
featuring Matin Rosyid
We often forget that calling upon Allah SWT through du’a (supplication) is a powerful type of worship. In this episode, Matin Rosyid reflects upon Aya 77 of Surah Al-Furqan and what it really means to call upon Allah SWT. Our relationship with our Lord is not just strengthened through charity, prayers, and fasts but also through du’a. This is the time where we can thoroughly pour our hearts out to the one that is the most Merciful, the Hearing and Seeing.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What it means to make a proper dua to Allah SWT
- The importance of coming to Allah SWT with a sincere heart
- The benefits of making du’a
- The challenges we often face when we want to make du’a
- Understanding how to become closer to our Lord
About Matin Rosyid
Matin studied Islamic studies in Syria and Egypt and is currently an electrical engineering student at the University of Strathclyde. He is a huge fan of tafseer (Quranic exegesis) and enjoys teaching tajweed and Islamic laws of inheritance, and has taught tajweed in numerous places in Glasgow. Matin once played table tennis and Karate competitively, but now plays for fun.