EP 24: Preparing for Ramadan – feat. Shaykh Amer Jamil
Personal Ramadan Reflections, Top Productivity Tips & Fun Facts!
How does Shaykh Amer Jamil approach the blessed month of Ramadan?
In this uplifting episode of ‘Heart 2 Heart’, we’re joined by Shaykh Amer Jamil – an Islamic Scholar and Islamic Family Law expert and consultant.
Having travelled across various countries to seek knowledge from some of the world’s most respected scholars, learning a variety of Islamic sciences and traditions, Shaykh Amer has had his fair share of cultural experiences.
As the blessed month of Ramadan approaches, Shaykh Amer shares with us one of his most memorable and spiritually uplifting Ramadan experiences whilst on his travels as a student. In doing so, he also shares with us an incredibly important piece of advice that one of his teachers shared with him and his classmates on how to maximise productivity during the blessed month.
During the rapid round of questions at the end of the episode, we also learn some personal facts about Shaykh Amer including his favourite hobbies, the weirdest question somebody’s ever asked him, his hidden talent, and some valuable words of wisdom and life advice.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What Ramadan means to Shaykh Amer
- Stories of Shaykh’s Ramadan experiences from childhood
- The best Ramadan experience Shaykh has ever had, and why it was so amazing.
- The beauty of performing deeds in congregation (especially in Ramadan)
- The one thing Shaykh Amer does every year before Ramadan, and why it helps him so much.
- The best advice Shaykh Amer has ever received
- The best advice Shaykh Amer has for others.
Prefer Audio Only? Listen Below:
Love this content? Get more episodes, reminders & free tools straight to your inbox!
More Ramadan Videos from Shaykh Amer
Links and resources:
- Shaykh Amer Jamil on Facebook
- ‘The Good Life’ series by Shaykh Amer on YouTube (short video reminders)
- The iSyllabus Islamic Studies Course
Leave a comment!
If you have a question for Shaykh Amer, any comments on the show or your own inspiring stories, scroll down and share them below!
Subscribe to the show
Enjoy listening to podcasts on-the-go? Subscribe on your smartphone for free to listen anywhere, any time.
Enjoy the podcast show?
If you enjoy lisening to our podcast show and have taken any benefit, we’d be really grateful if you could leave a positive review on iTunes. This not only helps our show to reach more people, but we also love reading your comments! We may also mention your review on a future podcast.
Shaykh Amer Jamil
Islamic Scholar / Co-founder - Isyllabus