Deenspiration | Apr 5, 2020 | 0
EP 39: Purify Your Heart Through the Quran – Ustadh Yahya Raaby
How to Bring The Quran Back Into Your Life
and Experience its Many Blessings & Mircales
In this episode we’re joined by the brilliant Ustadh Yahya Raaby from London, who inspires us with a beautiful discussion all about the Quran.
While on his UK & Ireland tour called ‘Purifying Your Heart Through the Qur’an alongside Ethar Relief (organised by MIE Management), we had the chance to sit with Ustadh Yahya after his talk at SUMSA (the Strathclyde University Muslim Student Association) to talk about the Book of Allah (swt) and how we can utilise its miracles and blessings to purify our own hearts.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- About Ustadh Yahya and what he does
- A little bit about Ethar Relief
- Why the Quran should be such an important aspect of our lives
- Why Allah (swt) revealed the Quran (the objective)
- The importance of learning, understanding and implementing the Quran
- How the Quran should be changing us as people (how and why this happens)
- Inspiring stories of pious people and their connection with the Quran
- How to become a person of the Quran
- The connection between the Quran and Ramadan
- Tips on how to begin implementing the recitation and study of the Quran into our daily lives
- Advice for those who find it difficult to implement regular Quranic recitation into their lives
- The difference between listening, reading and reciting and the rewards associated with each
- 5 intentions you should have before reciting the Quran for maximum benefit and blessings
- A fun rapid fire round with Ustadh Yahya!
Today’s Ayah of the Day
Alif, Lam, Ra. [This is] a Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that you might bring mankind out of darknesses into the light by permission of their Lord – to the path of the Exalted in Might, the Praiseworthy – [Qur’an, Surah Ibrahim – 14:1]
CONNECT WITH USTADH YAHYA ONLINE
LEARN WITH USTADH YAHYA
- Quranic Transformation (Part 1) – Wisam Sharieff
- Quranic Transformation (Part 2) – Wisam Sharieff
- Quran Memorisation: Practical Tips and Motivation – Shaykh Suleiman Hani
Today's Featured Podcast Review
MIE are an events management company, providing bespoke, tailor made services to their clientele such as tours, weddings, charity dinners, conferences, youth camps and much more. Learn more about their services below.
A UK-based humanitarian aid organisation operating mainly in East Africa. It serves to ease the suffering of refugees. Their goal is to help the needy across Africa, regardless of ethnicity, gender or religious beliefs.
The Strathclyde University Muslim Student Association (SUMSA) is a multi-award winning society based at the heart of the University campus with an aim to serve as a spiritual and community hub for Muslim students on campus.
About Ustadh Yahya Raaby
Ustadh Yahya Raaby currently serves as an instructor of Arabic & Islamic Sciences at Badr Academy, Department manager and Supervisor of student affairs.
Yahya completed memorising the Quran as a teen whilst studying at Badr Academy under qualified teachers who consisted of graduates of The Islamic University of Madina Al-Munawarra (KSA) & Islamic University of Al-Imam Muhammad Ibn Saudi in Riyadh (KSA). Therein he also studied different Islamic sciences such as Tafseer, Hadith, Usool-Fiqh, Fiqh, Grammar, Seerah, History and more.
Today Yahya spends his days juggling between studying Islamic Law and serving his community through means of Teaching, Lecturing, Delivering Friday sermons, Leading Prayers, Counselling and more. Lastly by also being a major influencer in the development of Badr Academy.
Never Miss an Episode!
Did you enjoy this episode? Click below to subscribe to the show on your smartphone and join our family of 1000’s Muslims around the world who love listening and learning. To support us, please consider leaving a positive 5-star review on Apple Podcast/iTunes. Want to have your own voice featured on our show? Click below to leave a 60-second voice recording and we’ll feature you on an upcoming episode.