Deenspiration | May 25, 2020 | 0
EP 35: Developing a Quranic Lifestyle (Part 1) – feat. Wisam Sharieff
Part 1 – Quranic Transformations and Goal Setting
You may have heard people using the terms ‘living a Quranic or Islamic lifestyle’, but what does that really mean?
When our mother A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) described the Prophet’s (pbuh) character as being the embodiment of the Quran [Sahih Muslim], what comes to mind? Do you envision a man who was only concerned with rulings of halal and haram, do’s and don’ts, or someone whose entire being emanated the light of the Quran and beautified every living being that passed his way?
Why is it that although some people have memorised the entire Quran, their character, actions and lifestyle all contradict its teachings? Why do we still feel uneasy around them? What’s the missing piece here?
In Part 1 of this two-part podcast, we’re joined by Ustadh Wisam Sharieff who shares with us an incredible system for Quranic Transformation.
By combining self-development techniques (mind, body and soul) with supplications from the Quran, as well as a strategic goal setting framework, Ustadh Wisam gives you the tools that will empower you to develop a complete ‘Quranic Lifestyle’ that is unique to you.
This means that not only will you be able to memorise, recite and reflect upon the Book of Allah, but every part of your life
During this episode we cover the foundations of Quranic Transformation, and in Part 2 we dive deeper into the components of self-development in relation to living an Islamic lifestyle.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- About Wisam Sharieff and what he does
- The definition of a Quranic Transformation
- The mindset that society has developed towards the Quran vs the attitude of a holistic Quranic lifestyle
- Steps needed to begin a Quranic transformation
- Why we should have a ‘Jannah Focused’ mindset
- The first thing to do before you begin setting goals
- A step by step guide on how to set life goals (with categories and time scales)
- How to personalise du’as from the Quran to super-charge your goals
- A story of how Wisam almost lost his eyesight, and how he used “Rabbana atina….” in this instance
- The 3 questions you must ask yourself to personalise a Du’a
- The ‘Perfect Day’ concept
- The importance of building daily habits that bring you back you back on track
- Is the Quran for people who sin?
Today’s Ayah of the Day
But among them is he who says, “Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [that which is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire.” [Qur’an – 2:201]
CONNECT WITH WISAM ONLINE
- Wisam Sharieff on YouTube
- Wisam Sharieff on Instagram
- Wisam Sharieff on Facebook
- Wisam Sharieff on Twitter
- Learn about Quran Revolution
- Learn about AQL (Advocating Quranic Lifestyle)
- Donate to Wisam’s projects on Patreon
VIDEOS MENTIONED BY WISAM
- Quranic Transformation (Part 2) – Healing – Wisam Sharieff
- Quran Memorisation: Practical Tips and Motivation – Shaykh Suleiman Hani
Today's Featured Podcast Review
About Ustadh Wisam
Wisam Sharieff has been Advocating Quranic Lifestyle for over a decade with thousands of students across the globe.
He’s the creator and primary instructor for Quran Revolution, an online Quran Learning System through AlMaghrib Institute, which has transformed the way over 2,000 students relate to the Quran — teaching them to read, recite, and retain/memorize the Qur’an, with video lessons, live classes, and weekly homework.
In addition he’s the founder and CEO of AQL, Advocating Quranic Lifestyle, an institute focused on personal development through Quranic recitation, prayer, and supplication—to empower the mind, body, and soul.
Beyond this, Wisam provides hours of free content online through his YouTube channel—including series like Postures of Prayer, Sunnah Supplements, NOORishment, Quranic Transformations, and Prophetic Dynasty II: Names of Our Nabi. Supporters of Wisam’s Patreon page will be facilitating all the work he does, and enabling him to further develop and producer high-quality series that go beyond basic knowledge, and helps people to improve their lives holistically.
Never Miss an Episode!
Did you enjoy this episode? Click below to subscribe to the show on your smartphone and join our family of 1000’s Muslims around the world who love listening and learning. To support us, please consider leaving a positive 5-star review on Apple Podcast/iTunes. Want to have your own voice featured on our show? Click below to leave a 60-second voice recording and we’ll feature you on an upcoming episode.