Deenspiration | May 25, 2020 | 0
Ep 50: Islamic Studies, Quran, Poetry, and Life Lessons from Surah Yusuf | Shabbir Hassan
Studies, Travels, Poetry, Writing, Entrepreneurship & A New Book
This is Shabbir Hassan’s Story
Shabbir Hassan – a multi-talented scholar, hafiz of Qur’an, author, podcast host and teacher – joins us today for Episode 50 (wohoo, 50 episodes Alhamdulillah) to discuss his journey so far, from his time away from home studying Islamic sciences all the way to the inspirations behind his recent book.
Embarking on a journey of Islamic studies at a young age can be difficult, especially to stick through with it and graduate with a qualification
Stay tuned until the last portion of the episode to watch Shabbir and Usman play the Reflection Deck game together. Things get very deep!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Shabbir’s story: how he first started his journey of seeking Islamic knowledge and sacrifices involved
- The significance of being the first person from his small town to embark on such a journey and what it meant to him
- What sparked Shabbir to learn Arabic and memorise the Qur’an
- Lessons Shabbir learned along the way and how these have shaped who he is today
- The importance of having teachers and mentors who will keep you on the right track
- The time Shabbir’s teacher had to serve him some humble pie!
- Advice to young students of knowledge wishing to embark on a similar journey
- The story behind his book ‘A Beautiful Patience: 40 Life Lessons from Surah Yusuf’
- Why Surah Yusuf has so many timeless valuable life lessons
- What makes Yusuf (as) the most relatable prophet, according to Shabbir?
- A fun reflection round featuring the Reflection Deck by Towards Faith.
Never Miss an Episode!
Did you enjoy this episode? Click below to subscribe to the show on your smartphone and join our family of 1000’s Muslims around the world who love listening and learning. To support us, please consider leaving a positive 5-star review on Apple Podcast/iTunes. Want to have your own voice featured on our show? Click below to leave a 60-second voice recording and we’ll feature you on an upcoming episode.