For the Seekers – Episode 9
featuring Naairah Aftab
One of the most important soft skills we can develop in life is Emotional Intelligence – the ability to perceive, access, regulate and connect with our emotions and the emotions of others.
The Prophet (pbuh) was a master of this trait, which is why so many around him were drawn to him as a person and felt so deeply connected to him. His ability to fine tune his words, his body language and his approach based on every individual’s personality type meant that he made the greatest impact on them possible.
If we develop deep emotional intelligence like this, we will become masters of understanding ourselves and others, and therefore develop a strong influence and positively affect our day to day interactions with others.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How we define emotional intelligence (EQ)
- The impact emotional intelligence has on our day-to-day life experiences
- Why the Prophet (pbuh) was the best at practising this trait
- Examples of how Naairah developed her own emotional intelligence and the activities that led to this
- Practical tips for how to develop this essential trait for yourself
Naairah is a Chemistry graduate from the University of Glasgow and is working towards a career in academia. Her research focuses on sustainable energy technologies. Naairah is currently serving as the FOSIS Scotland Chair, and she has previously played an active role in university-based initiatives, ranging from ISoc projects to STEM outreach. Alongside her degree, she has furthered her Islamic studies via the iSyllabus courses. Naairah is passionate about educating and empowering the youth, and she hopes to continue promoting this in all her endeavours.