In this episode we’re join by Shaykh Ibraheem Menk from Zimbabwe, who we met during the ‘Lord of the Worlds’ tour in Scotland, hosted by the Scottish Annual Conference.
Continuing on from theme of the conference, and adding on to his existing YouTube series ‘Lord of the Worlds’, we discussed some attributes of Allah (swt) and the importance of knowing Allah’s Names in order to establish a stronger connection and love for Him.
Shaykh Ibraheem also shares a beautiful reminder regarding treating Allah as a close friend, and why we should never despair if the answers to our prayers are delayed.
Of course, we also have our usual rapid fire round featuring some fun personal questions aimed at Shaykh Ibraheem in which you’ll learn what his favourite hobby is, his relationship with his uncle Mufti Ismail Menk, and much more!
What You’ll Learn
- The importance of studying the Names of Allah (swt)
- The meaning of the following attributes of Allah (swt): Al Haafidh, Al Hafeedh, Al Mujeeb and Al Qareeb
- What inspired Shaykh Ibraheem to launch the Lord of the Worlds series
- Why you should never think that “Allah isn’t answering my du’as”
- Common reasons for why we fall into despair regarding Allah’s plans
- Advice for those of us who think we do not deserve Allah’s mercy
- Why there is no “perfect” time to call upon Allah (swt)
- Tips on how to learn more about the 99 Names of Allah
- A fun rapid fire round!
SEE MORE FROM SHAYKH IBRAHEEM
- Shaykh Ibraheem on YouTube
- Shaykh Ibraheem on Facebook
- Shaykh Ibraheem on Instagram
- The Lord of the Worlds series on YouTube
- The Role of Muslim Women in Islam – feat. Alima Ashfaq & Hafiz Zahid
- Healing with Words – The Art of Giving Advice – feat. Dear Chereen
- Social Media & Its Effects on Social Media – feat. Omar Usman
About Shaykh Ibraheem Menk
Our Episode Sponsors
Scottish Annual Conference serves the community through educational Islamic conferences, in order to enrich the learning environment of the Scottish community and supports reputable charities for their Aid Projects. Their journey began back in 2017 with the first conference in Glasgow Central Mosque. Later with the hard work of their dedicated team and the support from local community, they formally launched as Scottish Annual Conference in 2018.
Deen & Dunya is Scotland’s Islamic Lifestyle Store, established in 2015.
Providing Scottish Muslims with unique products to help practice their Faith. Specialising in Ramadan & Eid Gifts, the store is also a one stop shop for all your islamic essentials, from Quran, modest clothing, gifts, educational books, Hajj & Umrah resources, Oud Perfumes and much more.
Never Miss an Episode!
Did you enjoy this episode? Click below to subscribe to the show on your smartphone and join our family of 1000’s Muslims around the world who love listening and learning. To support us, please consider leaving a positive 5-star review on Apple Podcast/iTunes. Want to have your own voice featured on our show? Click below to leave a 60-second voice recording and we’ll feature you on an upcoming episode.